The Football Club Senica was established in 1921. The newly originated Club started to progress quickly, but its expansion was hindered by the dark period of the World War II. The global conflict destroyed almost all of Senica’s football. Rudolf Pšúrny, who was the Chairman of the Club even prior to the war, did not allow football disappear from the town. He organisedmatches and tournaments. After the war, sports started to flourish in the Záhorie region again.
Year 1962 is inscribed in the Club’s chronicles with bold letters. The Football Club got a new stadium to use. It has been serving the players to this day. Opening of the sporting complex was accompanied with an exhibition match of players from the district of Senica and then vice-world-champions from Chile, including Jozef Adamec and Jozef Kadraba. Over the years, Senica has increasingly won respect in the field of sports. It was successful in lower league competitions as well as cups. It got to the absolute top for the first time in the season of 2009/2010, which started a new era of the Club. From this time FK Senica has reached several achievements.
Previous names of the club:
1921 – 1928 ŽELEZNÁ ÚNIA SENICA
1928 – 1934 AC SENICA
1934 – 1939 FC SENICA
1946 – 1969 SOKOL CHEMICKÉ ZÁVODY SENICA
1969 – 2006 FK SH SENICA
Since 2006 FK SENICA
Participant of Europa league: 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014
Corgon league (1st Slovakia league): 2010 – 2011, 2012-2013 – 2nd place
Slovak Cup: 2011-2012 – finalist